United Social Sports is hiring!
Come join our team and be part of an amazing opportunity that combines making friends, having a ball, and earning a paycheck! From refs, to admin, to league & city organizers we lean on people with a wide range of skills to make our organization great!
Where else can you get paid to have a good clean time?
Referees, League Hosts: Philadelphia PA, Baltimore MD, Richmond VA
Job Description: Run nightly operations for sports, leagues, and special events. Track scores, communicate with players, execute daily tasks and act as the local “FACE” of United Social Sports.
Candidates should be fun, out going, energetic and RELIABLE. You should be able to work without direct supervision and be a self starter and problem solver.
Great part time work for those looking to meet new people, work around a college schedule, or pick up a fun and rewarding part time job. This position has season availability.
Salary is commensurate with experience, scope of duties and seniority. $10-16 / hr is the average working range.
City Commissioner: Philadelphia PA, Baltimore MD, Richmond VA
Job Description: Want a career where you enjoy the fruits of your own hard work? Looking for a business without the risk or capital investment of buying into a franchise? United Social Sports has an opportunity for you to build and manage all aspects of USS operations in several regional markets. This position will be semi-autonomous with the support of the successful DC based team and will be tasked with launching our latest expansion. The City Commissioner will be responsible for managing all aspects of our co-ed social sports leagues and activities for young professionals. This includes all aspects of planning, hiring, budgeting, organization and running of USS events in each regional area.
The City Commissioner will benefit from existing USS infrastructure (including our custom-built league management software, equipment distributors, best practices and personal knowledge and experience of the DC based management team). The City Commissioner is encourage to work from home until league operations support the need for a local office. Interested candidates should be willing to travel to DC for hands on training and experience. The City Commissioner will be part of our national team and support all efforts/projects designed to build the infrastructure of United Social Sports and should be excited about building their portion of a larger national brand.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Planning and management, including staffing, communications, logistics and customer service for USS leagues, tournaments, trips, classes, special events and volunteer opportunities – Support assistance from the main DC office will be provided
- Field/gym/permit procurement and ongoing facility relationship management
- Hiring, training and managing all part-time and full-time staff
- Interaction with local customer, vendor and partner communications
- Customization and dissemination of marketing materials – Support provided from the main DC office
- Relationship management for all marketing partners including: clubs, companies and other organizations
- Public relations events/projects
- Marketing research and identification/conversion of new members and business opportunities/partners
- Development and maintenance of local social media strategy
- Participation in development of national social media strategy
- League management software (website, content management system and backend admin) management
- All other activities necessary to help the build and grow the business
- Associates or higher college degree
- Tremendous leadership, drive, enthusiasm and ambition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2-5 years of related business experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and to prioritize action items
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Self-starter/resourceful, great problem solver
- Familiarity with local metropolitan area including knowledge of popular parks, bars, recreational centers and general neighborhood knowledge.
- Proficiency with basic computer programs
- Online marketing experience (e.g., Facebook, GoogleAdwords, email campaigns)
- Knowledge of organized sports, business of sports, and sports marketing
Salary commensurate with experience, startup opportunity and scope of initial business launch. Details to be discussed during interview process.
To Apply for any position:
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of your desired position and location in the subject line. We will contact you if your resume and skill set meets our current needs!
United Social Sports is an Equal Employment Opportunity